Your pet won’t eat, won’t go near his food, not feeling good or you switched from kibble but he won’t eat…now what?
Here are some foods that are tempting. They’re generally high in fat and make them more scrumptious for your pet to want to eat.
You can give as a treat or mixed in with the regular meal, as they’ll enhance the meal. You should only use these for a few days.
Appetite Inducing Foods for Your Pets:
- Eggs lightly scrambled in butter with some yogurt or cream cheese
- Liver sautéed in butter
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Cooked or boiled ground beef mixed with grated parmesan cheese
- Baby foods such as pureed meats
- Homemade chicken soup with noodles
- Canned salmon or sardines
- Minced beef or sausage (not spicy though)
- Plain yogurt with pureed liver (mix well)
- Bites from your own plate, but avoid spicy foods
Tyson was always a good eater and we had very little problem with him not eating unless it was kibble. Some of what we always did with the meals were cooking the veggies in bone broth or adding bone broth to the meat if cooking it. Adding a splash of goat’s milk, or adding a couple spoons of the liquid from a can of sardines. His food was always flavorful and he would have licked the bowl if he could have. Best decision we made was going to a real food diet.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.